Join us on our Cliffs of Fundy mineral tour to learn about the wealth of geological treasures, including dozens of different kinds of crystals, minerals, agates and jaspers which formed over 200 million years ago. Discover how these minerals formed and how to identify them. See why geologists have been searching for and studying these amazing minerals for almost two hundred years. The Cliffs of Fundy tour includes a visit to the dinosaur beds, home to Canada's earliest dinosaurs!
Your tour includes:
- A three hour PRIVATE guided mineral tour with your own expert guide.
- The history of Nova Scotia geology and it's significance.
- Information on how to identify, care for and clean minerals.
- Mineral samples to safely wrap up and take home with an identification sheet.
- Information on other Nova Scotia mineral locations.
- A private email address for identification of future mineral finds.
- A visit to the dinosaur beds, the site of Canada's oldest dinosaurs!
Located at Wasson Bluff, 2078-2186 Two Islands Road, Parrsboro, N.S.
Due to Covid-19 we are focused on your health and safety and are taking every measure to ensure your safety while participating in our tours.
The Nova Scotia Government and Chief Medical officer have provided us with ways to take precautions while still enjoying outdoor activities in order to protect yourselves and the people around you.
- You must practise social distancing during all activities. That means staying 2 metres (6 feet) away from people you don’t live with and who are outside of your family bubble.
- Plan your activities only with the people you live with. Gatherings are limited to 5 people or fewer.
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick.
- Keep your hands clean. If you have hand sanitizer, bring it with you.
- Follow cough and sneeze etiquette. Consider wearing a non-medical mask.
Taking government precautions into consideration, participants of Fundy Treasure fossil and mineral tours will now be required to follow the protocols below:
Pre-pay for tour tickets through our website prior to the scheduled tour to eliminate the exchange of cash.
- Meet at the predetermined destination in your own vehicle.
- Physically distance the required 2 metres or 6 feet from other tour participants, including your guide, who are not part of your household or family bubble. We are implementing a zero tolerance policy in regard to physical distancing.
- If the rules are not being followed you will be asked to leave the tour immediately.
- Though not mandatory, we encourage you to wear a mask while participating on a tour. We will have masks available for purchase for those who do not have their own.
- We will encourage and support good hand hygiene and will have hand sanitizer available on site.
These unprecedented times have forced us to re-evaluate how we give our tours for the safety of all participants. We want every participant to feel safe while on tour in our outdoor environment and have the opportunity to see the Bay of Fundy in a new light and learn what we have to offer.
We ask that you give us at least 48 hours notice of cancellation before the scheduled tour. If notice of cancellation is received prior to 48 hours of the scheduled tour a full refund will be issued. No refunds will be issued within 48 hours of the scheduled tour.
Fundy Treasures fossil and mineral tours take place rain or shine with the exception of severe weather. In the event of severe weather (high winds, heavy rain, lightening) on the date the tour will be cancelled. If we have to cancel due to weather, a full refund will be issued.
What to bring:
Weather along the Bay of Fundy can be unpredictable and it’s good to be prepared for anything! Here are a few recommendations:
- Sturdy shoes or hiking boots.
- Layers appropriate for wind, rain and warmth as we want you to be comfortable throughout the tour.
- It can be very sunny so sunscreen, a sun hat and sunglasses are recommended.
- If there is the potential of rain in the forecast, it’s good to be prepared with rain gear.
- A camera or phone to capture photos of the scenic Bay of Fundy, fossils and minerals!
- Most tours are approximately 3 hours long so a water bottle and a snack are recommended.
- For safety precautions, though not mandatory, bring your own mask and hand sanitizer if you have it.
- A backpack is great to keep all of your necessities together!
If you have any other questions or concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org