Join us on a rock and mineral tour within the Cliffs of Fundy Geopark to discover geological treasures! We will teach you how to identify different kinds of crystals, minerals, agates and jaspers. Learn how these different minerals and gems formed over 200 million years ago as we explore three different geological formations along the Parrsboro shore.
Your tour includes:
- A 3+ hour guided mineral tour.
- The history of Nova Scotia geology and mineralogy.
- How to identify many varieties of Nova Scotia minerals and crystals.
- Information on other Nova Scotia mineral locations.
- A visit to Nova Scotia's own Jurassic beach, the site of Canada's oldest dinosaurs!This tour is perfect for friends and family who have a keen interest in geology and mineralogy and for those who have a passion for rocks, minerals and crystals.About Eldon George:Often referred to as the grandfather of Fundy minerals, it is the late Eldon George who more than any other person is responsible for bringing Parrsboro onto the world stage among geologists and mineral collectors. From finding the world’s smallest dinosaur prints to having a world class rock and mineral collection, Eldon was an expert in many fields and collaborated with top scientists from around the world. He is most fondly remembered for his infinite patience. When he explained some point of geology or features of rock, particularly to children, nothing else mattered.
Tour location: Parrsboro, N.S. We will email you with details including specific meeting place and time.
Due to Covid-19 we are focused on your health and safety and are taking every measure to ensure your safety while participating in our tours.
We ask that you give us at least 48 hours notice of cancellation before the scheduled tour. If notice of cancellation is received prior to 48 hours of the scheduled tour a full refund will be issued. No refunds will be issued within 48 hours of the scheduled tour.
Fundy Treasures fossil and mineral tours take place rain or shine with the exception of severe weather. In the event of severe weather (high winds, heavy rain, lightening) on the date the tour will be cancelled. If we have to cancel due to weather, a full refund will be issued.
Weather along the Bay of Fundy can be unpredictable and it’s good to be prepared for anything! Here are a few recommendations:
If you have any other questions or concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org